October Backstage Masterclass Recap
This month we were excited to announce our October Backstage masterclass expert!
Life as a drummer touring with 1980’s SUPERSTARS! MASTERCLASS w/ Phil G – @philippgdrums 🥁🎉 Phil shared his experiences in an intimate Masterclass, providing you the fundamentals of how to get the gig with touring artists and International Stars! So weather you are already on the road touring or you have always dreamed of being a Touring drummer, this Masterclass is a must!
Here are some of the takeaways from this Masterclass!
BACKSTAGE Masterclass Takeaways
- Making connections is key. Being in the room or at a gig is key to helping you build relationships. You never know who you might meet, could be your next potential artist or tour.
- Take gigs when they come. You won’t know if a certain gig will suite you unless you take the opportunity given to you.
- Put yourself out there. If you don’t go looking for the work it won’t just land at your feet. Don’t wait for the phone to ring.
- Don’t be afraid to do cover gigs / function bands. These are a great way for you to get stage time and also help build you as an artist.
- Be prepared for the road. check backline / have spares with you. Always have a check list ready. Try different setups as sometimes you may not have the ideal setup when using venue backlines.
- Be able to learn tracks on the fly. You may need to know a number of new songs in a very short space of time.
Have you enjoyed these gems from this months Masterclass?
Why not be in the room with these phenomenal artists?
Join us Backstage now!
sign up below.