7 Habits Of Professional Artists
We all have a list of our favourite musicians from true performers to lyrical geniuses! But what makes those musicians Artists? If you are struggling to stand out from the crowd, here are 7 Habits of professional Artists!
1. Perfectionism: They understand it can be a conscious limitation derived from fear of judgement. They do their best but don’t let the idea of ‘perfect’ stop them from releasing music.
2. Goal Setting: They set specific goals they can measure for themselves spread out between short, mid and long-term goals.
3. Listening: They keep an open ear & listen to a wide variety on genres to gain inspiration & learn from other artists.
4. Networking: They build healthy relationships by bringing value & looking for mutually beneficial outcomes rather than just focusing on themselves.
5. Adaptability: They understand they’re in a continuously evolving industry & aim to prepare for change by staying informed.
6. Time management: They aim to provide structure & space for themselves by making a schedule & optimising time. Setting up blocks of time for work, creating content & music in bulk, using scheduling tools, etc.
7. Learning: Aim to be student of the game, music business & life in general. Learning from others, learning online & learning from your own failures.
- *If you are wanting to become a full-time musician, level up your social media following and monetise your music? Join the Collision BACKSTAGE community HERE!
* Grow a community online that supports your music and work as an artist and awesome human.
* Build credibility as a drummer in your space and genre so you can book more projects.
* Start monetizing your skills, gifts, and hard work so you can make music your main thing.